Monday, November 11, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Improved!


      I was wandering around in the supermarket collecting a heck of a lot more than I was supposed to again and I saw canned pumpkin. Well, I had already been playing with a pie idea in my head, replacing a traditional crust with a Graham cracker crust because they taste so good. I wanted to see if the flavors would match or if perhaps the crust would be too strongly flavored.

      I didn't have a recipe on hand but the back of the Libby's can has one conveniently written on it! I figured that either it would turn out gross or be really good the way that they have the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of Tollhouse chocolate chips. It was a hit! So good.





This recipe is more like a custard for the filling (notice no flour). When I was pulling it out of the oven to see if it was done the center jiggled haha. It took longer for me than the time written on the can, I had to turn up the oven to 375 deg. I think It baked for an hour and 15? Next time I wont turn it down as low as 350 for this oven. 
There was too much batter for my little pie crust (store bought). I don't know if they have deep dish versions but if not then you might want to have a ramekin or something on hand to take care of the excess filling.



No comments:

Post a Comment