Wednesday, February 8, 2012

yoi...start!

I just planted some burpee california poppy (sunset mix), ferry morse basil, and cilantro from Daniel's mum. Let's see how long they take to sprout. I'm very very interested in this vertical hanging garden dealio from instructables:


but I'm not yet sure how long it will last, how gross it will get, if I can use rope to support the weight etc. I had read that a number of them the fabric eventually rotted which is a reasonable outcome considering what you're doing (water and dirt and sun) and the material. So instead I've decided to curb myself with restarting a few small pots. I have 2 small pots of columbines that are taking quite a while to grow (considering it's cold outside) maybe I should do them a favor and bring them inside. I'm trying to acclimate them so I can transplant them at my aunt's though.

1 comment:

  1. There might be a plastic version of these shoe organizer door hangers versus the cotton variety.

    After having the thought, I did a quick Amazon search and the first thing I found was this one made of vinyl: http://www.amazon.com/Over-Door-Clear-Organizer-Storage/dp/B000IXOH7G

    Maybe it has it's own disadvantages? Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete