Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Dish One: Sausage bolognese

Man I was tired after making this and hungry. I was torn between adding little bits and dashes of things to make it taste better (like soysauce for a little umami) but in the end I went with the pure directions so I could properly evaluate,


I probably should have chosen a bigger plate.

The sausages were a bit spicy, The sauce didn't taste particularly melded, more like a little of this and a little of that taste, which of course makes sense because it wasn't cooked that long. The directions said to plate the noodles and pour sauce on top, but I think it would have been better to toss the noodles in the sauce pan. There's a bit of parmesean on top and parsley. I would skip the parsley, random rough feeling pieces  of really green taste were a bit jarring.

Overall it tasted alright. I didn't finish my plate (half the total made) which is usually an indication that I thought it was just ok vs liking it. Oh! it came with this little packet of chicken.. something., eemed like a wet paste bouillon. I tasted a bit of it to see and that part was delicious! Actually chickeny where I thought it would be just salty.

Can probably make this myself better anyhow so would not pick again. I did appreciate not really having to think about what I was going to make when I got home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment