Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Dish Two: Cherry Drizzled Pork Chops

MMmmmm this one was good! The best part was probably the pan sauce.


So the pork chop was served on top of a cous cous salad. Hot water is enough to turn it into something edible and they had me add lemon zest, green onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. That part tastes fine, I think I went too heavy on the lemon juice because I was tasting portions that were too small so when I put a whole forkful in my mouth I was like oops.

Pan fried the pork chop 3 min each side. I could see this would be the hardest part for a newbie. I am not afraid of undercooked meat soooooo I based it mainly on the golden brownness of the outside. I also rendered the fat even though that wasn't a step.

Scallions went into the pork pan and then chicken stock and cherry jam and dried reconstituted cherries. this one was so tasty. I was afraid it would taste like burning from the burnt bits at the bottom of the pan.

Assemble and enjoy! I thought it was quite tasty. Oh I omitted the parsley cuz I didn't like it yesterday.

So far the meals are big enough for me and I don't run out of food. Will have to do a test where I eat with Tbot though cuz eating by myself is always less eating, not as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment