Monday, August 16, 2010

it came from beyond the deep!

Ok but it was super strange. I went to Michael's this Sat. and we made gelatinized caramels!! (I had my pie Josh, strawberry rhubarb) I also ate fudge and chocolate cake with marshmallow goo frosting and proceeded to get diabetes. I digress... So you start off making a caramel sauce, Michael says it's alton brown's but I haven't found it on foodtv.com yet. It has almond extract making it taste ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. The puffing up at the beginning is pretty cool too, but make sure to use an oversized pot (oversized in comparison to your portion of caramel.


boiling water and sugar


added cream when it was the right color, if I recall correctly there was also smoke


tada!!! mmmmmmm so good. I wish I knew what uses there are for that stuff.

Moving on, that's all very tame. But now I introduce you to alginate (but not the kind the dentist uses which is not very good for eating.




Yeah I wouldn't want that in my mouth either. It solidifies in a calcium bath.



Then for some reason you mix the delicious with the frightening. I lies, I know why.

I think video is more appropriate here. Then this is what you do.


And if that wasn't strange enough, here is the spawning pool of alien babies:


Ahahahaha I told Michael, "At what point does someone look at these and go MMMmmmmm." I don't care for the texture of the ouside (which is kind of agar like) but I'm thinking in bead form it will be more tolerable. Still tasty caramel. So almondy...

No comments:

Post a Comment