Monday, January 10, 2011

fluffities

An addendum to the last cookie note, they came out chewy instead of crunchy hahaha but people seem to like them. I had accidentally added the flour before the eggs and vanilla extract because I was distracted. Saved!

I made some sellan friendly cookies yesterday ala this recipe and they're surprisingly good. I did add like 1-2 tbls butter because sellan can have dairy. So instead of the half cup oil it's like 2 tbls butter, quarter cup applesauce (unsweetened) and the rest veggie oil. They are a little underdone because the reviews for the recipe were like don't overcook! so I was scared. They are chewy and remind me of a packaged soft cookie from I dunno what brand. Success!

I was in Tahoe with Theresa this weekend! It was so fun. I can make an oreo go from my forehead to my mouth with my face muscles (but not that fast). I am also a champion dragon streamer which is when you hold on to the end of a streamer decoration roll (paper) and some one holds the other end, and you wave your arm in a circle as fast as possible to get it wound around your hand. Egg beating skills? Theresa played the office ping pong game. The next day was snoooooooooooooooooow. White and fluffy and surprisingly sticky. I rode a sled, made perfectly smooth snowballs, made snow angels, and a snow tooth! ahahahha Mandibular second molar, 3 cusp type. Snow clothes are very good at keeping you warm and dry, much appreciated. At Theresa's church they really like to feed you. I had breakfast, played snow, lots of lunch, played snow, snack, drove back, buffet dinner, then Theresa's ::pass out::

I love okonomiyaki. Yum, favorite dinner, but don't get it at that one Japantown place. They don't put okonomi sauce or bonito flakes on it! Travesty!

My long post is pictureless because I only had time to either post or upload. It is 10:40 and I need to sleep because school beckons tomorrow morning at 7 am because this fixed project is kicking my butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment