Saturday, January 29, 2011

are you mexican?

That is what Rachel asked her mum yesterday during dinner, since she's not chinese. Wow. But since I am also not mexican, I thought I'd try to prove it today and tada! Timmo you might recognize this. Look Daniel I'm learning! except you probably wouldn't like this. The book I got the recipe from calls it tomato egg drop soup. I dunno what it's called so we'll stick with that.

Recipe:


I didn't follow it very closely cuz I didn't think it necessary. That means I grabbed an onion and a moderate sized tomato, added a garlic, eyeballed the fish sauce and salt. More like tongue tested I guess. The water I added until it looked like a good amount which came out to 4 cups for me. But yeah. I also subbed shimeji mushrooms for the pork cuz....that's what I had in the house.

Before:


Post egg!



And on rice mmmmmmmm.



Tastes almost like mommy makes (I think the missing taste is the pork). Hooray healthy.
I planted the foxglove or at my auntie's yesterday. Here's hoping that they live and that I didn't jump the gun on last frost for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment